After many years in the insurance business working for large brokerage firms, Ross Thornburgh opened Puget Sound Associates April 1, 1980 at the corner of Ericksen Avenue and Winslow Way. Carol joined him a few months later. Ten years later the agency moved up the street to a little blue 1907 Victorian house at 188 Ericksen Avenue and changed the name to Thornburgh Insurance Agency.
Today, the agency has the same goals it did in the beginning which is to help our insureds understand their policies, give objective advice and provide outstanding service. We have Safeco’s Lifetime Award of Excellence and Premier Partner designations.
Ross was a man of great integrity. He was well known for his hats and his walks to the post office where he would meet and greet everyone he knew. Ross is missed by his family, friends and the community.
We still abide by our original founding principles and Mission Statement “Growth through Service—with respect and empathy for our clients, credibility to our companies and pride in our agency”.